Do you also find those red cheeks of your little one so sad? We come up with the chapped cheeks baby solution. Here you will find a number of tips to prevent and solve chapped cheeks. From dry and red to soft and without irritation.
Prevent chapped cheeks baby
- Be careful with water. Water, especially warm water, dries out the skin and affects the natural protective layer of the baby's skin. Wash your child with lukewarm water and gently pat dry. Try not to bathe your baby too often. A few times a week is more than enough!
- Do not wash with a product where you see the aggressive detergents SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) and SLES (sodium laureth sulfate) in the ingredients list. These are substances that can irritate, dry out and affect the natural skin barrier. SLES is slightly milder but still really not recommended. They are foam makers and therefore products that foam minimally are often much better for the skin.
- Use washing or lubricating products that do not contain perfume substances such as synthetic perfume or irritating essential oils. This can make chapped baby cheeks worse. These products are hard to find and that is why we have focused on them with SMPL.
- Lubricate, lubricate and lubricate again. Choose a good cream without mineral oils (so no Vaseline), without perfume, without essential oils and without other synthetic ingredients.
Solve chapped cheeks baby
- Use our wash to wash your baby's delicate skin and our lotion to rub in your little one. We have also heard many enthusiastic stories from mothers who use the nourishing cream on the cheeks, with very good results.
- If you have very chapped cheeks, you can possibly smear a mineral oil over the lotion or cream. Mineral oil 'encloses' the skin. It makes it difficult for the skin to breathe, but it does lock all the active ingredients and moisture into the skin. Vaseline has no nourishing effect in itself and we would never use it in our products. It's more like a plaster that you put on the skin. So the advice is not to do this often. The skin can become lazy and addicted to this. It is more for a temporary support of the healing process.